Monday, April 30, 2012

What I Learned On My Journey

     I learned its ok to step out on a limb and trust God to not let you fall!  Our limb seemed sturdy, but when it began to wobble, God was there to put us on another stable branch.  Some may say we hit a dead end, but did we really?  I believe its only a detour along life's journey with Christ by our side.

     Other Things I learned: This list is definitely not exclusive...

  • Being married into the Wells Family is a great big ADVENTURE!! (I really already knew that one, but, Wes continues to and will probably always throw adventures at us!)
  • Stepping out in faith takes courage and that sometimes you need to step out and see what God has in store for you.  
  • Taking risks are rewarding, even if the risk does not pan out
  • If you never try to do something that seems scary and outrageous to try, then you will live life regretting never having tried!
  • God does not give us anything too big for us to handle
  • Our perceived trial will make us stronger
  • That it was nothing personal just a business decision
  • Family and Friends are awesome
  • Brad and Deborah Wells are really gracious people who helped us along in our journey
  • That Dad Wells is a great draftsman in preparing house plans
  • Churches are supportive
  • How to do and who to do your prayer cards with
  • Learning how to set up online newsletters
  • How to be open with people and learn to share in the process of preparing to go
  • That it is ok to let go of possessions
  • That I tend to hoard boys clothes
  • The cost involved to ship ocean containers overseas to a third world country
  • That there are many kind people waiting to help you in a foreign land
  • Shopping can become a dreaded thing, LOL
  • Skype is a great communication tool
  • God gives strength even when your husband is in a far away land
  • My kids are growing up and they are my mighty little helpers
  • Lehaman's Catalog is amazing
  • That there are reuseable canning jar seals for canning
  • That books and audio programs are worth buying
  • There are lots of unique spices out there
  • The best way to filter and/or purify water
  • Setting up a greenhouse for my herbs
  • Power conversion cords and the difference between 110v and 240v, lol (I miss my CHI flat iron that Uncle Brad tossed in the trash because I didn't plug it into the right power source)
  • Electrical transformers
  • How to convert an Amp to a Watt
  • Diesel vs. Petrol Generators
  • Gas stoves, gas refrigerators
  • Solar powered appliances (like my solar oven!) and solar panels
  • Every salesman wants my money
  • You need lots of cash to move overseas
  • How to get rid of cockroaches
  • The best ways to trap and kill rats
  • Cockatoos screech lots and lots when they are a baby
  • How to keep snakes warm and properly caged...Ha Ha, the boys really wanted a pet snake!
  • How to fix concrete moisture barrier problems
  • Currency Exchange Rates
  • Foreign Taxes
  • What the US government wants and requires of us for moving over seas
  • What the word "Ex-patriot" means 
  • Tropical diseases
  • That everyone still thinks Wes is an amazing, steady, well controlled in his emotions and thinking and talented pilot..."and that he is going to go far"
  • And my favorite: That I am loved by the PNG nationals who know me and those who don't
     I'm looking forward to the next stage of the journey on life's road of adventure for Christ! I'm also trying to think of a new name for my blog...hmm, "The Life of a Pilot's Wife"? Lol, that may be kinda of boring sounding, I'm still thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. You could rename your blog "Little Boy Mud Stories" or "Closed Doors, Open Windows"

    Teri Woods

    ReplyDelete