Friday, May 11, 2012

Recovering From The Ejection Seat

     I always liked watching movies when I was a kid and watching the pilot eject from the spiraling plane as it made its way crashing towards the earth.  I used to think that was pretty awesome that you could push or pull something that would save your life from a no win situation.  Some people say its a bump in the road, some say you are just turning a corner, I say it felt more like an ejection.  I am not sure why the Lord has ejected us (LOL), the good thing is that we are safe and ready for our next mission!

     One of my favorite passage of scriptures to read is:

 Ecclesiastes 3:1 ~  "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"

      I am so thankful that I have a loving Lord who always takes care of us, even during the storm.  The past three weeks have been surreal and I have experienced the most peace I have ever had during a trial.  All I can attribute it to is total surrendering to what ever God wants for my life.  Job 23:10 says,  "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."  I realized many years ago that I can't fight and throw a fit when something does not go my way.  I  knew I had a choice: to resist or go with the flow...I decided its much more fun to go with the flow than to kick at the door so to speak.
     
     Yes, the first day was a shock and I did cry.  I think its alright to show emotion.  The Bible even talks about it.  Ecclesiastes 3:4 says, "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance".  So, I cried, laughed, and mourned (it felt like a death) the first day, and now its time to do another "happy dance"!  Eventually, you need to stop crying, tuck the pochy lip back inside, and light the fire of zeal and excitement again!

     While Wes was still over in PNG we started looking for employment.  I filled out a half a dozen resumes for him and he called his former employer back up as well.  We were trying to figure out where the Lord would have us to go.  There were options in other states, but we were not feeling at peace with a last minute move somewhere without praying and researching out the matter.
   
     Wes arrived home this past Friday night after a four month absence.  The kids and I were thrilled to finally see daddy!  I thought he looked amazing, despite the yellow hue to his skin tone from his fight with Malaria (Wes said he thought having Malaria was like taking a nap with the death angel).  Seeing him again, knowing he was so sick, made me feel like nothing in the world could bother me anymore, because I had my husband to help hold my hand once more!  The Lord protected him from this terrible sickness and returned him to me.  The kids had a blast opening presents and wrestling for a few hours with him.
   
     After we put the kids to bed we had a late night phone call from his previous employer.  They were calling to offer him his job back and discuss scheduling arrangements to get him back into the swing of things the quickest.  God's timing is perfect!  How amazing to step off the plane from one job and step right into another one!  I thank the Lord for holding my hand when Wes could not.  I'm also thankful for a husband who is calm in uncertainty and is the rock and pillar of our family.  He is a great example to myself and the boys of how to remain calm in chaos.

     Wes starts back up with commuting again on Sunday.  He will be gone for 19 days this hitch.  He will be doing recurrent training as well as perform a 14 day rotation.  Working 14 days on and having 14 days off is a typical work schedule.  This will be the same as we have been doing for the past 6 years.  When preparing to move overseas, I thought that the Lord was finally going to allow us to be a "normal" family again...meaning, we would see daddy home every night.  Obviously, God wants Wes and I in this situation.  Maybe its so that Wes can continue to tell others living offshore about our wonderful Saviour.  Maybe God wants me to be an encouragement to other ladies who husbands work far away too.  For whatever reason God has, I am going to embrace every minute of it and rejoice in the fact that He knows whats best for us.

        

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your sweet spirit through all this. It has been a huge encouragement to me to see how God has worked things out for good and how you have allowed Him to work through you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete