Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dreams Do Come True

     It has been 27 days since Wes left for PNG.  I remember the last time we spent 6 month apart...  Wes was finishing up flight school in California and I was packing up our sold home in Kuna,Idaho, working full time as a nurse (to support him and hold down the fort), and had a two year old.  Now, I am laughing because it feels like I am reliving that experience...but, now I am a full time mommy to three boys, home schooling the middle one, packing, and working out rental details of the farm house.  But, the major difference this time is I feel less stressed from years ago!  Wes bought me my first very own computer for Christmas.  He immediately installed Skype so we could keep in better communication while he is gone.  I LOVE SKYPE!!!  This is amazing technology.  I have been privileged to talk with Wes at least a couple times of day since its also loaded onto his phone as well.  I love being able to see his handsome face and hear his soothing voice!  We discuss all the details together, which makes making the decision process and the stress seem more bearable if not adventurous.

I came across this poem I had written for Wes on his completion from flight school some years back while packing up recently and I thought I would share it with all my friends.  My husbands dreams have come true!

Dreams Do Come True

Twenty months ago we started this journey
With the thought that we might hurry.
In our haste to complete the race
God decided to change the pace.
If we had known what trials lay ahead
We may have remained doing construction instead.
But every situation happened for a reason
And God lead you away from freeze-n.
There in California you excelled with your skills
While you diligently pedaled up the hills.
You dared to make your dream come true
And as your wife, I am so proud of you!
Now, when you take your helicopter into the sky
Please remember the days gone by.
Our adventure of flying has really just begun
And sometimes I wonder what will come.
Yesterday, today, tomorrow,
Happiness, joy, or sorrow,
When God is in it
The sky is the limit! 

~Tammy Wells -2005~

No comments:

Post a Comment