Thursday, February 16, 2012

The kindness of a child

     I am thankful for the children at our home church (Treasure Valley Baptist Church).  Last night my little kids received small gifts from Brooklyn who choose my kids for one of her missionary projects! I gave the boys their presents when we got home and they were jumping off the wall with excitement that someone would give them something.  Cameron asked, "why did she do this?" and I said, "because you are going to the mission field with mom and dad and you are going to be like a missionary kid and she wanted to do something kind for you".  Cameron (my oldest) responded with wide eyes and started jumping and exclaiming, "I have always wanted to be a missionary kid!"  My mommy's heart just swelled in awe at that instant.  I am thankful that Cam has such a tender heart towards missions.  His prayer is that he will one day be a missionary in Papua New Guinea when he grows up.  Wouldn't that be awesome if the Wells family name could go on for generations (if the Lord tarries) in the work of our Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment