Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Departure Date

        We have our tickets in hand and plan on leaving May 23.  We found the best deals for this date while avoiding the price hike for the start of summer.  We are going to treat the kids to Disneyland in LA and then we head out of country May 27th.  We have an 8 day layover in Fiji, then we will arrive in PNG on June 5, spend the night in Port Moresby and then arrive in Mt. Hagen June 6.  Which will be June 5 for my friends in the States.  We are looking forward to a family vacation after spending (by that time) so long apart!

      Wes will be flying home a week or two prior to this to help pack up the ocean container.  I'm thankful for that!!  My job is to get everything packed, labeled, given a value and get it all lodged onto a customs form for PNG to have a look...mostly so we can be charged duty.  Bummer on that part.  Wes will then get everything packed into crates (because crates stack and you get them packed tight) so we get the most out of the space on the container.  Then, we will gather all the help we can get and get it all loaded onto the truck/container!

     Packing is really a one man job I have found.  Every item needs to be put into a category: Bring, Storage, Sell, or Donate.  If I was moving across state I would definitely get all my girlfriends together and we would just start stuffing boxes, no big deal.  But, to have to decide on every pen, pencil and paper...yikes!  
Prayer Requests:
Please pray for us as we continue forward.
Please also pray for my kids as I pack up their things.  The two littlest don't really understand why we are doing this again (its only been 18 months since we did this last!)

Please pray for my sanity!  Which, thankfully is still intact.  




2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm so glad y'all get to have a family vacation before settling in. I bet you can.not.wait! I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and your family! Will be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete